Summer Greetings Bluebonnet Miata Club!
As we move into the 2nd half of the year, there are a couple of things to begin thinking about, given the uncertainty of our current situation.
Election of 2021 Officers – The board of directors’ plan is to seek nominating committee volunteers in July with the goal of identifying three members who can begin the process of finding nominees in August and September. The club Bylaws call for a nominating committee who present the nominees at the October club meeting and an election to be held at the annual business meeting (club meeting) in November.
Decisions to be made:
- Nominating committee volunteers selected.
- Current officer’s decisions to continue on the board in 2021 or not.
- How will the election be held if we are still virtual?
2020 Christmas Party – I have a $100 deposit at Scuzzi’s Italian restaurant on Loop 1604 in San Antonio for a room that can hold 150, so spacing of the tables can be accommodated. And the reasonable pricing is per person, so we are not bound by an expensive contract, nor are there added expenses, so even with fewer than our usual 50 – 60 attendees, it will be doable from a practical standpoint.
The questions remain:
- What will be Governmentally allowed at that time?
- Will we be able to hold an event for a group of our size?
- At that time, will you be willing to attend?
These are a couple of the things that keep me concerned about the remainder of 2020. Please email me with any thoughts or suggestions
Bluebonnet Miata Club President