Recipes from Club Members. Send an email to the BBMC Secretary to submit a recipe.
Let us be truly thankful… I was able to share the recipe for Layered Pumpkin Pie in a jar with the Bluebonnet Ladies’ Bunco Group last week to rave reviews. I hope that you enjoy the result also.
Go to Layered Pumpkin Pie in a Jar • a farmgirl's dabbles (afarmgirlsdabbles.com) if you want to print from their site. My suggestions for making it a little easier:
Please print the recipe and write these hints in the margins:
* Use recyclable or gift boxes to keep your cups together and from tipping over.
* Use a clear 9 oz. drink cup for disposable container.
* Use clear plastic wrap for a lid.
* Use an extremely sharp knife or gift wrap sliding cutter to zip through the wrap.
* If you use cooked pudding instead of instant be sure to use the same ratios of fluid to pudding. Chill cooked pudding before use.
* DO be careful whipping your cream or you will have butter.
* Whipped cream will fall a bit if held for two or three days but can be done.
* If browning your graham crackers on a dark or glass pan, lower the temperature 25°.
* Use plastic bags for piping the creams into the cups. To stabilize the shape of the point or to decorate, use packing tape or masking tape to reinforce the corner before filling and then cut smaller than you think you want it. Test and adjust accordingly.
With Christmas right around the corner, I am also sharing a family favorite cookie recipe that I have never found in a book – Grandma Jean’s Christmas Cookies. It is a bit of work, but definitely worth it!!
µ Always use parchment when making cookies. It slides right off onto the cooling rack and another set slides right on. Makes quicker baking for your favorite cookies.
µ Remember: your oven could run hotter than the recipe calls for. Bake a test cookie to see how long it really takes. Adjust accordingly.
µ I prefer to bake my cookies to ‘almost’ done. The residual heat from the pans finishes the baking without making them dry or over browned.
µ Use a scoop to make your cookies almost the same size.
µ If you chill your dough, gently flatten the scooped balls a bit to heat/bake evenly.
Baking is the sweetest of science and warms the soul.
Happy holidays, y’all.
Bluebonnet Miata Club
Copyright © 2023 Bluebonnet Miata Club - All Rights Reserved.